Master´s program: how to apply
Application process opens from 21 May to 25 July 2018.
Download the application brochure (in Spanish) here (PDF 620 KB).
A new scholarship programme to mark the 9th year of the Master's Degree in Printmakinf & Graphic Design. The master's degree is specifically geared towards graduates in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, or Engraving or Printing Techniques.
Students must choose between the two specializations - Engraving or Design when they register.
All admitted students receive a scholarship that subsidizes 90% of the cost of teaching and work materials used in the school.
Description of the Master´s Degree
The master's degree in Printmaking & Graphic Design is a qualification of the University of Castilla-La Mancha, delivered in partnership with the Royal Spanish Mint-Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre.
It is a postgraduate master's course for all graduates of Fine Arts. The aim of the course is to train qualified professionals who are specialized in the disciplines of engraving and graphic design. With a maximum of 16 students per cohort, who benefit from a study and materials scholarship, the course is genuinely personalized.
The best students from each year group will be eligible to complete their studies with paid internships at the Royal Spanish Mint – Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre.
- To provide a comprehensive, advanced education in graphic printing practices and media, illustration and artistic minting, while providing transferable skills and promoting critical thinking.
- To train professionals specializing in the creative, conceptual, technical and reflexive aspects of the applications of the above-mentioned artistic practices and the image technologies with which they are linked.
- To train researchers and professionals to be responsible for and aware of the involvement of ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) in society generally and in the world of graphic production in particular.
- To provide students with methodological instruments to facilitate their ongoing education.
- To develop the abilities and skills that are necessary for artistic projects, from planning to commissioning, as required by each specific professional context.
- To facilitate a more effective induction into research through direct contact with R+D+i engineers and projects.
- To increase and consolidate the creative potential of students and promote their channels of application in the professional sector of printing and artistic minting.
- To encourage interdisciplinary teamwork using new methodologies that promote communication and knowledge sharing.
Information about the Scholarship:
1. Candidate requirements
These scholarships are open to all European Union students, and non-European Union students with a residence permit, who are graduates in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, or Engraving or Printing Techniques. Non-EU students will be required to submit a standardized certification of their degree, which must already be awarded, not pending.
Scholarships are granted for a single academic year and may be extended to the two years of the course. Extension to the second year is at the discretion of the Course's Academic Board.
The Royal Mint of Spain (FNMT-RCM) subsidizes 90% of the cost of teaching and work materials used in the school, while the student who receives the scholarship must pay the remainder, i.e. an annual registration fee of 1000 euros, before 30 September.
Classroom teaching will be delivered in the School of Engraving and Graphic Design on the premises of the FNMT-RCM, C/ Doctor Esquerdo, 36, 28009 - Madrid.
Timetable: Monday to Friday 08:00-14:30.
5. Selection process
Once the registration closes, candidate selection will take place and the decision will be published. Candidates will be selected based on the criteria established by the Course's Academic Board and candidates will be ranked by qualification obtained for each specialization.
6. Admission decision
The decision will be published on this website. Payment must be made by 30 September by bank transfer or deposit in the FNMT-RCM current account. Details will be sent to all successful candidates. If any selected student refuses the offer, their place will be taken by the next candidate selected for each specialization, until a maximum of 16 places has been reached. This process will follow the order established by the Course's Academic Board.
7. Start of the academic year
The academic year starts September.
8. Course duration
4 semesters, 2 academic years.
The Master's Degree in Printmaking & Graphic Design is a qualification of the UCLM awarded to students who complete the 120 ECTS credits and submit a final supervised study.
10. Monitoring and evaluation
In order to remain eligible for the scholarship, students must attend 90% of the mandatory sessions and complete at least 90% of the activities.